Recipe courtesy of Udi’s Gluten Free.
This recipe uses tender ahi tuna, creamy avocado and fresh mangos to create a sweet and salty sandwich fit to impress any guest.
2 Udi’s French baguettes 60 mL (1/4 cup) wasabi mayo
12 oz (340g) ahi tuna steaks 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
15 mL (1 tbsp) sesame oil sesame seeds
1 mango, peeled, pitted, and chopped 2 tsp (10 mL) lime juice
¼ cup (60 mL) red onion, diced salt and pepper
2 tbsp (30 mL) cilantro, chopped
1 tsp (5mL) wasabi powder .5 tsp (5mL) lemon juice
.5 tsp (5mL) water ¼ cup (60 mL) gluten free mayonnaise
Combine wasabi powder, water and lemon juice to form paste. Add to mayonnaise.
- Prepare mango salsa. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Cook baguettes for 10-15 minutes from frozen, or 5-8 minutes from ambient.
- Heat sesame oil on high heat. Add tuna to pan and cook approx 2-3 minutes per side (or longer if you want them more well done). Slice tuna into 1/2 inch slices.
- Slice toasted baguette into ¼ inch slices. Layer each round with wasabi mayo, tuna, avocado and mango salsa. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Gluten Free
- Excellent source of mono and polyunsaturated fats
- Excellent source of healthy fats
- Good source of fibre