Rainy day blues got you down? Here is our tasty escape, try this delicious and inventive recipe!! Mmm.. cedar planked salmon burgers:
SALMON BURGERS WITH LEMON SALSA VERDE:
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
CHILLING TIME: 1 hour
GRILLING TIME: 6-8 minutes
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: 1 untreated cedar plank, 12-15 inches long and about 7 inches wide
11⁄4 pounds skinless salmon fillets, pin bones removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
1⁄2 cup panko bread crumbs
1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
Freshly ground black pepper
1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
11⁄2 tablespoons capers, drained and finely chopped
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Extra-virgin olive oil
4 hamburger buns, split
4 leaves lettuce
8 slices ripe plum tomato
1. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, pulse the salmon pieces 8 to 10 times until
coarsely chopped but not pasty; transfer to a bowl. Add the remaining patty ingredients to the
bowl, including 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, and stir gently to combine. Form four
patties of equal size, each about 3⁄4 inch thick. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Mix the salsa ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Set aside at room temperature.
3. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
4. Brush the patties on both sides with oil, and then grill over direct medium heat, with the lid
closed, until fully cooked but still juicy, 6 to 8 minutes, carefully turning once. During the last 30
seconds to 1 minute of grilling time, toast the buns, cut side down, over direct heat.
5. Build each burger on a bun with a lettuce leaf, two tomato slices, a patty, and lemon salsa
verde. Serve warm.
©2014 Weber-Stephen Products LLC. Recipe from Weber’s Big Book of BurgersTM by Jamie Purviance.
Used with permission.