Spice up this week with something extreme. No more boring, mundane, mustard-and-ketchup-only kind of burgers. We’re talking bacon, garlic mayo, guac and all your favourite toppings. Push your taste buds to the limit!
WEBER’S EXTREME BURGER
PREP TIME: 25 minutes
GRILLING TIME: 6-8 minutes
⅓ cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Freshly ground black pepper
2 ripe Hass avocados
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 pounds ground chuck (80% lean)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon onion powder
8 thin slices cheddar cheese
4 hamburger buns, split
4 leaves Boston lettuce
1 ripe beefsteak tomato, cut crosswise into 4 slices about 1/3” inch thick
- In a skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
- Whisk the mayo ingredients, including ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Mash the guacamole ingredients, including ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Mix the ground chuck with the Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, the smoked paprika, and onion powder, and then gently form eight patties of equal size, each about ½ inch thick and a little wider than the buns. Refrigerate the patties until ready to grill.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (400° to 500°F).
- Grill the patties over direct medium-high heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to medium doneness (160°F), 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. During the last 30 seconds to 1 minute of grilling time, place a slice of cheese on each patty to melt, and toast the buns, cut side down, over direct heat.
- Build each burger on a bun with garlic mayo, a lettuce leaf, a tomato slice, two patties, as much guacamole as you like, a slice of bacon (torn in half), and more garlic mayo. Serve immediately.
©2014 Weber-Stephen Products LLC. Recipe from Weber’s Big Book of Burgers™ by Jamie Purviance. Used with permission.