Burger of the Week: Route 66
Sometimes the most simple ideas make for the best results. This week we are toning down our burger and bringing you simple ingredients to create a fresh take on classic flavours.
Turn on the grill and get ready for a weekend full of food and fun. Let OLM know your favourite burger!
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
GRILLING TIME: 8-10 minutes
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
1 1/2 pounds ground chuck (80% lean)
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 slices American cheese
4 hamburger buns, split
4 leaves Boston lettuce
1 ripe beefsteak tomato, about 6 ounces, cut crosswise into 4 slices
- Combine the sauce ingredients.
- Mix the patty ingredients, and then gently form four patties of equal size, each about 3/4 inch think. With your thumb or back of a spoon, make a shallow indentation about 1 inch wide in the centre of the patties to prevent them from forming a dome as they cook. Refrigerate the patties until ready to grill.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (400° to 500°F).
- Grill the patties over direct medium-high heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to medium doneness (160°F), 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. During the last 30 second to 1 minute of grilling time, place a slice of cheese on each patty to melt, and toast the buns, cut side down, over direct heat.
- Build each burger on a bun with sauce, a lettuce leaf, a tomato slice and a patty. Serve warm.
©2014 Weber-Stephen Products LLC. Recipe from Weber's Big Book of Burgers™ by Jamie Purviance. Used with permission.
It was all smiles last night, April 26, at Mill Street's Ottawa Brew Pub as staff doled out pints o...
February is the time to celebrate LOVE – the love of artisan cheese, that is, through Savvy Cool C...
*Please take note that upon submitting your comment the team at OLM will need to verify it before it shows up below.