Burger of the Week: Route 66
Sometimes the most simple ideas make for the best results. This week we are toning down our burger and bringing you simple ingredients to create a fresh take on classic flavours.
Turn on the grill and get ready for a weekend full of food and fun. Let OLM know your favourite burger!
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
GRILLING TIME: 8-10 minutes
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
1 1/2 pounds ground chuck (80% lean)
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 slices American cheese
4 hamburger buns, split
4 leaves Boston lettuce
1 ripe beefsteak tomato, about 6 ounces, cut crosswise into 4 slices
- Combine the sauce ingredients.
- Mix the patty ingredients, and then gently form four patties of equal size, each about 3/4 inch think. With your thumb or back of a spoon, make a shallow indentation about 1 inch wide in the centre of the patties to prevent them from forming a dome as they cook. Refrigerate the patties until ready to grill.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (400° to 500°F).
- Grill the patties over direct medium-high heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to medium doneness (160°F), 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. During the last 30 second to 1 minute of grilling time, place a slice of cheese on each patty to melt, and toast the buns, cut side down, over direct heat.
- Build each burger on a bun with sauce, a lettuce leaf, a tomato slice and a patty. Serve warm.
©2014 Weber-Stephen Products LLC. Recipe from Weber's Big Book of Burgers™ by Jamie Purviance. Used with permission.
Are you running out of ideas to make for Easter treats and want to try something different? How abou...