Burger of the Week: Weber's Extreme Burger
Spice up this week with something extreme. No more boring, mundane, mustard-and-ketchup-only kind of burgers. We're talking bacon, garlic mayo, guac and all your favourite toppings. Push your taste buds to the limit!
WEBER'S EXTREME BURGER
PREP TIME: 25 minutes
GRILLING TIME: 6-8 minutes
? cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Freshly ground black pepper
2 ripe Hass avocados
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 pounds ground chuck (80% lean)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon onion powder
8 thin slices cheddar cheese
4 hamburger buns, split
4 leaves Boston lettuce
1 ripe beefsteak tomato, cut crosswise into 4 slices about 1/3” inch thick
- In a skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
- Whisk the mayo ingredients, including ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Mash the guacamole ingredients, including ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Mix the ground chuck with the Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, the smoked paprika, and onion powder, and then gently form eight patties of equal size, each about ½ inch thick and a little wider than the buns. Refrigerate the patties until ready to grill.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (400° to 500°F).
- Grill the patties over direct medium-high heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to medium doneness (160°F), 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. During the last 30 seconds to 1 minute of grilling time, place a slice of cheese on each patty to melt, and toast the buns, cut side down, over direct heat.
- Build each burger on a bun with garlic mayo, a lettuce leaf, a tomato slice, two patties, as much guacamole as you like, a slice of bacon (torn in half), and more garlic mayo. Serve immediately.
©2014 Weber-Stephen Products LLC. Recipe from Weber’s Big Book of Burgers™ by Jamie Purviance. Used with permission.
‘Smell that? You smell that?’ ‘What?’ ‘Bacon, son. Nothing else in the world smells like t...
Photos courtesy of Natalie MacLean. Staring at the row upon row of wine at pretty much any LCBO you...