Coconut Fried Shrimp with Orange Marmalade
The sweet and crispy coconut adds a major crunch to these juicy jumbo shrimp. Dipped in spicy orange/wasabi marmalade and you’ve got a bite of fried deliciousness!
- 1 lb. raw shrimp
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup cold water (give or take for a cake batter-like consistency)
- 2 cups shredded and sweetened coconut
- 1 cup of orange marmalade
- 1 tbsp. wasabi powder (or wasabi paste)
- The juice of half an orange
- Oil for frying
- In a medium bowl mix the batter: Flour, baking powder, water, salt, Cajun seasoning and cornstarch. Combine until it’s a smooth, cake batter-like thickness.
- Dry off the shrimp and remove the peel leaving the tail on.
- In a shallow bowl add the coconut. Dip each shrimp into the batter and then into the coconut, making sure to get a nice coating evenly on the Shrimp.
- Fry them up in batches of 3 or 4 until they’re golden on all sides. Drain them on paper towel.
- Zest some of the orange if you’d like for garnish. Set aside.
- Mix together the orange marmalade with the juice of half the orange and some wasabi powder. Serve it beside your shrimp.
*Please take note that upon submitting your comment the team at OLM will need to verify it before it shows up below.