Coconut Fried Shrimp with Orange Marmalade
The sweet and crispy coconut adds a major crunch to these juicy jumbo shrimp. Dipped in spicy orange/wasabi marmalade and you’ve got a bite of fried deliciousness!
- 1 lb. raw shrimp
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup cold water (give or take for a cake batter-like consistency)
- 2 cups shredded and sweetened coconut
- 1 cup of orange marmalade
- 1 tbsp. wasabi powder (or wasabi paste)
- The juice of half an orange
- Oil for frying
- In a medium bowl mix the batter: Flour, baking powder, water, salt, Cajun seasoning and cornstarch. Combine until it’s a smooth, cake batter-like thickness.
- Dry off the shrimp and remove the peel leaving the tail on.
- In a shallow bowl add the coconut. Dip each shrimp into the batter and then into the coconut, making sure to get a nice coating evenly on the Shrimp.
- Fry them up in batches of 3 or 4 until they’re golden on all sides. Drain them on paper towel.
- Zest some of the orange if you’d like for garnish. Set aside.
- Mix together the orange marmalade with the juice of half the orange and some wasabi powder. Serve it beside your shrimp.
Strap on your lederhosen and dirndls and head to Bier Markt Ottawa for its annual Oktoberfest celebr...
*Please take note that upon submitting your comment the team at OLM will need to verify it before it shows up below.