Udi's Great Canadian Grilled Cheeseburger
Recipe courtesy of Udi's Gluten Free.
This made-in-Canada dish is a delightful mouthful for any proud Canadian. Alberta AAA beef, Canadian cheddar, back bacon and caramelized onions sweetened with pure Canadian Maple Syrup make this burger irresistible for any summer Day!
1 pound (454 g) of lean, ground AAA Alberta beef 4 pieces of cooked gluten free Canadian back bacon
1/4 cup (60 mL) of chopped onion 1 large sweet Vidalia onion, sliced
1 piece of Udi’s Millet and Chia bread soaked in water 2 teaspoons (10 mL) of olive oil
1 egg 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of pure Canadian Maple Syrup
1 teaspoon(5 mL) of Montreal Steak Spice 1 package Udi’s Classic hamburger buns
4 slices of Canadian Cheddar Cheese
- Combine beef and onions.
- Squeeze water out of soaked bread and add to meat mixture and combine.
- Add in egg and Montreal Steak Spice and combine.
- Shape into desired size of patties and grill.
- Once grilled on one side, add sliced cheddar cheese and allow to melt.
- Serve hamburger on a whole grain Udi’s Classic hamburger bun garnished with your choice of toppings, back bacon and caramelized onions.
To caramelize the onions:
- Add olive oil to medium heat, non-stick pan.
- Add sliced onions and reduce heat to low.
- Add maple syrup.
- Allow the onions to slowly cook on low heat to allow the natural sugars of the onions to caramelize.
- Gluten Free
- Low Glycemic
- High in Protein
- High in Iron and B12
- No Added Refined Sugars
- 100% Canadian Made
*Please take note that upon submitting your comment the team at OLM will need to verify it before it shows up below.