Canada 150
Arts & EventsWicker Emporium Opens Second Ottawa Store

Wicker Emporium Opens Second Ottawa Store

Wicker Emporium Opens Second Ottawa Store

Popular Canadian home retailer Wicker Emporium is continuing its expansion into Ontario with the grand opening of its 25th store, and its second in Ottawa, this spring. Offering unique, handpicked furniture and accessories from Indonesia, India and Vietnam in a treasure hunt experience, Wicker Emporium is a household name in Atlantic Canada. Despite the growth of popular U.S. home retailers in Canada, the family-owned and operated retailer has found its niche in Canada and has plans to open additional stores in the Ottawa area, and across Ontario, over the next few years.

“Wicker Emporium has an advantage over giant retailers like Target, Winners and Home Sense," says Raj Kapahi, COO, Wicker Emporium. "We’re big enough to do business with large vendors, but we’re small and flexible enough to work with small- to medium-sized suppliers that don’t have the production capacity or scale to service the U.S. chain stores. As a result, we’re able to offer our Canadian customers a wide variety of unique, high-quality pieces for the home at exceptional prices.”

Wicker Emporium’s winning formula lies in its ability to offer unique, handpicked products for the home with superior craftsmanship at better prices than its competitors.  “Our stores carry 70 per cent furniture – solid and recycled wood - with a Pottery Barn-style look but not the price,” says Kapahi. “The other 30 per cent of our stock is home décor items.  You’ll find beautiful accent pillows from India to hand-crafted wood furniture from Indonesia, India and Vietnam. It’s a treasure hunt experience so customers can explore the store at their leisure for unique items which often can’t be found twice.”

Wicker Emporium is an environmentally responsible business that has excellent processes in place around ethical sourcing.  All of the wood in Wicker Emporium’s products comes from certified plantations or is recycled. The retailer was among the first to offer recycled wood products and today many of its products come from recycled doors, old houses and packing palettes.

Image - 0098Wicker Emporium was founded in Halifax in 1972 by Madan Kapahi, a recent immigrant to Canada, who saw an opportunity to open a business that would enable him to travel regularly to Asia while providing eastern Canadians with trendy wicker items for their homes. Over the years, Wicker Emporium’s product line has evolved to include textiles, accessories, solid wood and recycled furniture. Today, Wicker Emporium is a trusted leader in providing quality and innovative home décor and inspiration.

This year, Wicker Emporium is launching a new website that will make the customer experience even better. The new site will include a gift registry/wish list; the opportunity for customers to rate and review products; user accounts; online gift cards and mobile compatibility for online buying.

The Ottawa Wicker Emporium stores are located at Trainyards (100 Trainyards Dr.) and Trinity Crossing (4240 Innes Road, Unit J3). For more information, visit www.wickeremporium.ca

 

 

 

Comments (0)

*Please take note that upon submitting your comment the team at OLM will need to verify it before it shows up below.