Apple Maple Pork Ribs
Get your slow cooker out and then get ready to grill. Nanny Hudson has a delicious ribs recipe for you! Enjoy this sweet and saucy dinner with the whole family.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
Cook Time: 3 hours and 15 minutes
|1 bottle (375 mL)
1/2 cup (125 mL)
1/4 cup (50 mL)
3 tbsp (45 mL)
2 tbsp (30 mL)
4 lb (2 kg)
1/2 tsp (2 mL)
4 cups (1 L)
|Nanny Hudson’s Gourmet Homestyle Ketchup
prepared apple butter
prepared yellow mustard
cloves garlic, minced
pork baby back ribs
each salt and pepper
large onion, thickly sliced
apple cider or unsweetened apple juice, warmed
- Combine ketchup, apple butter, maple syrup, mustard, vinegar and garlic in a saucepan; bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until thickened. Carefully, transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. (Makes 2 cups/500 mL sauce.)
- Slice ribs, between the bones, into 3 to 4 rib portions. Season all over with salt and pepper. Arrange ribs in a slow cooker. Scatter onions over top. Whisk 1 cup (250 mL) of the sauce mixture with the apple cider; pour over ribs. Cook on High, turning ribs once, for 3 hours or until ribs are very tender but not completely falling off the bones. Remove ribs to a tray (discard cooking liquid).
- Preheat the grill to medium; grease well. Grill ribs, basting with remaining sauce and turning often, for 15 minutes or until saucy and caramelized.
- To finish the ribs in the oven. Preheat the broiler to high but set the rack to middle. Arrange the ribs on a foil-lined baking sheet; brush with sauce and broil, turning occasionally and basting often, for 15 minutes or until saucy and caramelized.
- The ribs can be braised ahead; transfer the cooked ribs to a deep container and spoon over some of the cooking broth to keep them moist. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- This sauce is equally tasty on chicken breasts or thighs prepared on the grill.
Nutritional Information per Serving (1/6th recipe)
Calories: 321 | Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Cholesterol: 90 mg | Carbohydrates: 20 g | Fibre: 0 g | Sugars: 16 g | Protein: 37 g | Sodium: 572 mg | Potassium*: 652 mg
Excellent source of thiamin, niacin, vitamin B12 and zinc.
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
For more great recipes, visit nannyhudson.com.