Apple Maple Pork Ribs
Get your slow cooker out and then get ready to grill. Nanny Hudsonhas a delicious ribs recipe for you! Enjoy this sweet and saucy dinner with the whole family.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
Cook Time: 3 hours and 15 minutes
|1 bottle (375 mL)|
1/2 cup (125 mL)
1/4 cup (50 mL)
3 tbsp (45 mL)
2 tbsp (30 mL)
4 lb (2 kg)
1/2 tsp (2 mL)
4 cups (1 L)
|Nanny Hudson's Gourmet Homestyle Ketchup|
prepared apple butter
prepared yellow mustard
cloves garlic, minced
pork baby back ribs
each salt and pepper
large onion, thickly sliced
apple cider or unsweetened apple juice, warmed
- Combine ketchup, apple butter, maple syrup, mustard, vinegar and garlic in a saucepan; bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until thickened. Carefully, transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. (Makes 2 cups/500 mL sauce.)
- Slice ribs, between the bones, into 3 to 4 rib portions. Season all over with salt and pepper. Arrange ribs in a slow cooker. Scatter onions over top. Whisk 1 cup (250 mL) of the sauce mixture with the apple cider; pour over ribs. Cook on High, turning ribs once, for 3 hours or until ribs are very tender but not completely falling off the bones. Remove ribs to a tray (discard cooking liquid).
- Preheat the grill to medium; grease well. Grill ribs, basting with remaining sauce and turning often, for 15 minutes or until saucy and caramelized.
- To finish the ribs in the oven. Preheat the broiler to high but set the rack to middle. Arrange the ribs on a foil-lined baking sheet; brush with sauce and broil, turning occasionally and basting often, for 15 minutes or until saucy and caramelized.
- The ribs can be braised ahead; transfer the cooked ribs to a deep container and spoon over some of the cooking broth to keep them moist. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- This sauce is equally tasty on chicken breasts or thighs prepared on the grill.
Nutritional Information per Serving (1/6th recipe)
Calories: 321 | Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Cholesterol: 90 mg | Carbohydrates: 20 g | Fibre: 0 g | Sugars: 16 g | Protein: 37 g | Sodium: 572 mg | Potassium*: 652 mg
Excellent source of thiamin, niacin, vitamin B12 and zinc.
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
For more great recipes, visit nannyhudson.com.
Adventures in Gluten-Free Baking
One of the most challenging things about switching to a gluten-free diet (which I started about 18 m...
Istria — a kaleidoscope of colours and a treasure trove of gastronomic delights
Introducing Destination Istria — in celebration of the arrival of a unique selection of wines in Ontario from some of Croatia’s leading winemakers
A2 Milk™ MOOves to Canada
*Please take note that upon submitting your comment the team at OLM will need to verify it before it shows up below.