Apple Pie Cups
Recipe courtesy of Udi’s Gluten Free.
Sweetly spiced caramelized apples nestled in toasted tortilla cups and topped with whipped cream or ice cream and toasted hazelnuts. Serves 6.
6 Udi’s Small Tortillas
1/4 cup (60 ml) coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter
2 Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
2 tablespoons (30 ml) light brown sugar
1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground cinnamon
Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
1/4 cup (60 ml) toasted hazelnuts
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Lightly brush both sides of the tortillas with coconut oil and warm in a skillet over medium heat.
3. Gently place tortillas in the cups of a muffin tin pressing to mold into the cups. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes until golden and toasted.
4. In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add apple slices, sugar, and cinnamon; stir. Sauté until apples are tender, about 8 minutes.
5. Fill toasted tortilla cups with the apples. Top with whipping cream or ice cream, if desired, and garnish with toasted hazelnuts.