Become a BBQ Expert
Knowing the expert tips and tricks to master the art of grilling can make a huge difference in your grilling experience.
Weber is synonymous with barbecue, bringing friends and families together to create moments that make lasting memories. Weber’s New Real Grilling celebrates the joy of gathering around the grill! Complete with more than 200 simple and delicious recipes, this book explores the foods and flavours that are made for grilling!
New Real Grilling features basic grilling skills, valuable tips and tried-and-true techniques that will turn any griller into an expert outdoor entertainer. You’ll find countless outrageously delicious recipes each with a gorgeous full-color photo, ranging from beef, pork, seafood and poultry to vegetables, side dishes, desserts, marinades and so much more.
It also includes a guide on mastering the basics including essential tools, advice on how to stock the griller’s pantry, knife skills and common techniques, as well as tips on various grill set-ups, different fuel types including lump charcoal and how to use and control it, plus grill cleaning essentials and safety.
This is just a taste of what New Real Grilling has to offer. Click here for more information about this must-have read for the BBQ-lover!
We pulled a delicious recipe from New Real Grilling for OLM readers to try out! Impress your friends and family with this delicious and decadent beef tenderloin!
Beef Tenderloin Steaks with Seared Mushrooms and Red Wine Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Grilling Time: 14–18 minutes
4 beef tenderloin steaks, each about 6 ounces and 1¼ inches thick
Extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
3 thick slices bacon, cut into ¼-inch dice (2 ounces)
? cup finely diced red onion
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, minced or pushed through a press
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, stems removed, each cut into quarters
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
1. Brush the steaks on both sides with oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Allow the steaks to stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes before grilling.
2. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F) and medium heat (350° to 450°F) and preheat a perforated grill pan over medium heat.
3. In a skillet over medium-low heat, cook the bacon and onion until the bacon is crisp, 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
4. Combine the vinaigrette ingredients, including ¼ cup oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper; whisk until smooth. Put the mushrooms in a medium bowl and add ¼ cup of the vinaigrette. Mix well. Reserve the remaining vinaigrette.
5. Grill the steaks over direct high heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to your desired doneness, 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare, turning once or twice. Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Spread the mushrooms in a single layer on the grill pan and grill over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until golden brown and tender, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once or twice. Don’t move the mushrooms until the bottom sides are nicely browned. Transfer the mushrooms to the skillet with the bacon and onions and warm over medium heat for about 1 minute, stirring often. Add the chives and mix well. Serve the steaks warm with the mushroom mixture spooned on top. If desired, whisk the reserved vinaigrette and drizzle some over each steak.
©2013 Weber-Stephen Products LLC. Recipe from Weber’s New Real Grilling™ by Jamie Purviance. Used with permission.