Bier Markt Ottawa: Oktoberfest Without the Airfare
Strap on your lederhosen and dirndls and head to Bier Markt Ottawa for its annual Oktoberfest celebrations. Available from September 17 – October 4, Bier Markt Ottawa is offering an authentic Oktoberfest experience with a new, limited time only Oktoberfest menu including:
• Hangover Soup – Smoked pork hock, braised cabbage, Yukon potato, fall root vegetables, Paulaner Oktoberfest Bier broth & Bavarian pretzel.
• Oktoberfest Currywurst Poutine – Chargrilled knackwurst, double fried Markt frites, house-made curry spiced ketchup.
• Bavarian Pretzel & Cheese Fondue
• Bavarian Bratwurst Burger – lb seared chuck burger, grilled Oktoberfest bratwurst, charred onion, apple braised red cabbage, Emmental cheese, dark Bier Mustard, pretzel bun, Markt frites.
• Oktoberfest Chicken & Dumplings – Paulaner Oktoberfest Bier brined & slow roasted ½ chicken, traditional handmade Bavarian pretzel dumplings, shallot, mushroom & white wine sauce.
• Schnitzel – choice of Hunter’s Chicken , Veal or Pork.
• Oktoberfeast – a smorgasbord of Bavarian favourites. Perfect for sharing!
These meals combine the traditional with the unique, and come from Bier Markt’s Executive Chef, Michael Cipollo, who created the new menu to offer guests authentic Bavarian-style dishes. Prices for the new menu range from $7 – $55. All menu items are expertly paired with Paulaner’s Oktoberfest Bier – one of the six official biers of Oktoberfest. It comes directly from Munich, Germany and is pouring exclusively at Bier Markt Ottawa. Available in a 1 litre stein for $10 or a pint for $7.74. Bier Markt Ottawa is also featuring live, nightly Oompah-pah bands every Thursday – Saturday from September 17 – October 4. No cover charge. Plus Bier Markt Ottawa will be decked out in traditional Oktoberfest decorations, with some staff even garbed in lederhosen and dirndls! Throughout the year, guests can also enjoy delicious Europeaninspired cuisine from Bier Markt’s core menu. All menu items are expertly paired with over 150 brands of bier from over 30 countries at all Bier Markt locations across Ontario.