Burger of the Week: Cedar Planked Salmon Burgers
Rainy day blues got you down? Here is our tasty escape, try this delicious and inventive recipe!! Mmm.. cedar planked salmon burgers:
SALMON BURGERS WITH LEMON SALSA VERDE:
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
CHILLING TIME: 1 hour
GRILLING TIME: 6-8 minutes
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: 1 untreated cedar plank, 12-15 inches long and about 7 inches wide
11?4 pounds skinless salmon fillets, pin bones removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
1?2 cup panko bread crumbs
1?4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
Freshly ground black pepper
1?4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1?4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
11?2 tablespoons capers, drained and finely chopped
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Extra-virgin olive oil
4 hamburger buns, split
4 leaves lettuce
8 slices ripe plum tomato
1. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, pulse the salmon pieces 8 to 10 times until
coarsely chopped but not pasty; transfer to a bowl. Add the remaining patty ingredients to the
bowl, including 1?2 teaspoon salt and 1?4 teaspoon pepper, and stir gently to combine. Form four
patties of equal size, each about 3?4 inch thick. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Mix the salsa ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Set aside at room temperature.
3. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
4. Brush the patties on both sides with oil, and then grill over direct medium heat, with the lid
closed, until fully cooked but still juicy, 6 to 8 minutes, carefully turning once. During the last 30
seconds to 1 minute of grilling time, toast the buns, cut side down, over direct heat.
5. Build each burger on a bun with a lettuce leaf, two tomato slices, a patty, and lemon salsa
verde. Serve warm.
©2014 Weber-Stephen Products LLC. Recipe from Weber’s Big Book of BurgersTM by Jamie Purviance.
Used with permission.