C’est Up to You
Photo courtesy of Claude Brazeau
It’s that voice.
Forget her magnetic stage personality, her glamorous good looks and the fact that you can groove to her tunes in both official languages. Those are all gravy.
It’s her voice that’ll get you.
If Dominique Forest sings a happy song, you’ll be dancing on the table. If she sings a nostalgic song, you’ll be crying into your martini and if she rocks out a love tune, get your darling and be ready to snuggle up to them, because you won’t be able to stop yourself once she gets going. Her voice, described by jazz pianist Brian Browne as “groovy and sultry”, has the power to transport you to wherever she may be going. Many people can sing well. Few are able to have that effect.
The good news? After ten years of successful performances in the National Capital Region, Dominique has set out on the path that her fans have been urging her towards for years. She has put together a bilingual debut album, titled “C’est à moi” (It’s Up to Me), which features original material. The launch concert of this long-awaited album will take place on January 24, at the NAC. The evening promises highlights of C’est à moi, as well as some fan favourites and repeat requests. Dominique will be accompanied on stage by Tim Bedner, Kieran Milne, Normand Glaude and Elise Letourneau.
What you need to know about the CD Release show:
Fourth Stage, National Arts Centre
Getting the goods:
- Until January 9 at midnight, you can purchase tickets, posters, CDs by clicking here, and you can receive some really exciting perks.
- Tickets are on sale for $25 at the NAC Box Office (in person) and Ticketmaster (with surcharges) at 613-755-1111 or through the NAC website.
- You can purchase tickets and copies of the CD by contacting Dominique through her website.
- Copies of the CD will be available for purchase at the show on January 24th.
- After January 24th, you will be able to purchase the CD on the CD Baby website.
See you on January 24 at the NAC!