Calling ALL amature Ottawa Musicians! Looking to make the next step forward with your music? Want a local launching pad to snag some visability and exposure? Starting next month, Ottawa Life Magazine wants to have you covered.
We know Ottawa’s got talent. You know Ottawa’s got talent. Now’s the time to see who will reign
supreme in the ultimate musical showcase.
COVER ME, a twice monthly contest showcase of musicians from the National Capital Region
Fatboys Southern Smokehouse (34 Murray Street in the ByWard Market)
Every other Tuesday night at 8pm beginning December 5
The contest is open to National Capital Region bands and solo musicians in any genre. Could a punk band square off against some boot stompin’ country? Could a opera soloist pit their chops against a smooth sax solo? Anything can happen.
Selected musicians will square off on a predetermined performance night. Nightly performances may feature up to three artists performing short sets which must include one cover song. A panel of judges will vote upon who advances to the next round until only one remain in each category to claim the top prize:
- An Ottawa Life Cover (including feature story and photo shoot)
- One year of free advertising on Ottawalife.com for your albums and/or shows
- A headline performance at a future Ottawa Life event
During the tournament Ottawa Life Magazine will help promote bands with interviews, a bio page and coverage across our social media platforms. As the tournament builds we hope to feature musicians on local radio and television spots.
RULES/HOW TO ENTER
1) COVER ME Contest is open to National Capital Region 18+ musicians only
2) Enter by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Please include a short bio, your band/solo acts name, names of members, a contact number to reach you at, style of music AND a video or audio clip
4) While Ottawa Life Magazines is providing the performance venue, selected artists are asked to have their own microphones and XLR cords
5) Selected participants will be contacted via email
6) Selected participants must agree to allowing Ottawa Life Magazine to feature their images and music clips online and for promotion of the contest
7) While Ottawa Life Magazine will make efforts to ensure bands are scheduled for Tuesday Night Concerts at their availability, it should be noted that those who cannot perform when scheduled will forfeit their evening to other scheduled musicians
8) Selected participants are responsible for their own set-up and teardown
9) Selected participants should be prepared to play a set including 1 cover track