Honey Glazed Smoked Ham
With the holidays fast approaching, it seems to be the time of year to begin thinking about what the main course will be for your Christmas dinner. In most households, that one delicious dish that everybody will be craving is none other than a honey glazed smoked ham. While some people might feel intimidated over the idea of creating the ham, we are here to make things much easier and give you step by step instructions on how to prepare one the most delicious hams you will ever taste.
To perfect this dish, you will need the following ingredients:
- One tablespoon of black pepper
- One tablespoon of paprika
- One tablespoon of sugar
- Two teaspoons of salt
- Two teaspoons of dry mustard
- One half teaspoon of cayenne
- One cup of pineapple juice
- Three fourths cup of chicken stock
- One half teaspoon of ground clove
- One 6 pound ham that is "ready to eat"
- One half cup of honey
- Two tablespoons of vegetable oil
Total Amount of Time
It is not recommended that you attempt to make this dish if you do not have quite a few spare hours on your hands. The total amount of time needed to create this dish is six and a half hours, with 30 minutes needed for prep time and the remaining six hours to cook the ham into a masterpiece.
1. The first step takes place the night before you plan on smoking the ham. This step includes mixing together the following ingredients: the pepper, paprika, sugar, salt, cayenne, and only one teaspoon of the dry mustard (you will use the rest later). After you mixed all of these ingredients together effectively, rub the mixture over the ham. Then wrap the entire ham in foil and let the product sit in the refrigerator overnight.
2.When you enter your kitchen the next morning, proceed to take the ham out of the fridge and let it rest for one hour before continuing to work on it. Then remove the foil covering the ham.
3. Your next step is to retrieve and prepare your smoker. If you don’t have one yet, then there are a couple of affordable smoker models which you can get for just a couple of hundred dollars.
The temperature you will be smoking the ham at is 210 degrees Fahrenheit or 100 degrees Celsius for a grand total of six hours.
4. While the ham is getting ready to smoke, your next step is to mix together the following ingredients: the chicken stock, three fourths of the pineapple juice, vegetable oil, one half teaspoon of dry mustard, and the cloves. Warm this mixture over a medium heat until it is all completely mixed together.
5. Now that your smoker is heated up, place your ham in the smoker and baste it with some sauce once upon every hour.
6. Now that your ham is busy smoking, your last step is to prepare the remaining ingredients. Mix together the following ingredients: the honey, the rest of the pineapple juice, the remainder of the dry mustard, and a small sprinkle of ground cloves. This is now your glaze. Generously allow your brush to spread over the ham during the last hour that it is in the smoker.
7. Once the time is up, serve the dish to your guests and let everybody enjoy the hard work of your honey glazed smoked ham.