Ignite Your Love Of The Grill
Summertime grilling is nothing less than a classic component of Canadian culture. But grilling can be intimidating for BBQ novices. Knowing the expert tips and tricks to master the art of grilling can make a huge difference in the new griller’s experience.
Weber is synonymous with barbecue, bringing friends and families together to create moments that make lasting memories. Weber’s New Real Grilling celebrates the joy of gathering around the grill! Complete with more than 200 simple and delicious recipes, this book explores the foods and flavours that are made for grilling!
New Real Grilling features basic grilling skills, valuable tips and tried-and-true techniques that will turn any griller into an expert outdoor entertainer. You’ll find countless outrageously delicious recipes each with a gorgeous full-color photo, ranging from beef, pork, seafood and poultry to vegetables, side dishes, desserts, marinades and so much more.
It also includes a guide on mastering the basics including essential tools, advice on how to stock the griller’s pantry, knife skills and common techniques, as well as tips on various grill set-ups, different fuel types including lump charcoal and how to use and control it, plus grill cleaning essentials and safety.
This is just a taste of what New Real Grilling has to offer. Click here for more information about this must-have read for the BBQ-lover!
We pulled a delicious recipe from New Real Grilling for OLM readers to try out! Enjoy this delicious and easy-to-make appetizer with your friends and family on this sunny June weekend!
Peach and Blue Cheese Bruschetta Drizzled with Honey
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Grilling Time: about 8 minutes
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
4 firm but ripe peaches, each cut in half
8 slices Italian or French bread, each about ½ inch thick
Extra-virgin olive oil
4 ounces crumbled blue cheese (1 cup)
3 tablespoons honey
1. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium-low heat (about 350°F).
2. Stir the cream cheese, sugar, and thyme until blended. Set aside. Lightly brush the peach halves and the bread slices on both sides with oil.
3. Grill the peach halves over direct medium-low heat, with the lid closed, until lightly charred and beginning to soften, about 8 minutes, turning once. During the last minute of grilling time, toast the bread slices over direct heat, turning once or twice. Remove the peaches and the bread from the grill.
4. Spread each bread slice with an equal amount of the cream cheese mixture.
5. Cut the peach halves into ¼-inch slices. Divide the peach slices among the bread slices, overlapping them slightly. Top with the blue cheese and drizzle with the honey. Serve right away.
©2013 Weber-Stephen Products LLC. Recipe from Weber’s New Real Grilling™ by Jamie Purviance. Used with permission.