Knock your sauce off and save energy
Did you know that a slow cooker uses 65 per cent less energy in seven hours than an electric oven uses in just one hour? Try this slow-cooker no-fuss apple sauce recipe from Hydro One that the whole family will enjoy.
Slow cooker apple sauce
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 6 to 7 hours
• 8 medium apples (8 cups)
• 120 mL (1/2 cup) apple juice, cider or water
• 15 mL (1tsp) ground cinnamon
• 60 mL (1/4 cup) brown sugar or maple syrup (optional)
1. Peel, core and slice apples. Combine with the other ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
2. Stir for a chunkier texture or purée for a smooth sauce. Serve warm or cold.
Find more tips on saving energy at www.hydroone.com/forhome.