Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
Recipe courtesy of Udi’s Gluten-Free.
Toasted gluten-free breadcrumbs combined with herbs and Parmesan cheese for a simple and tasty bite! Serves 10.
2 slices Udi’s White Sandwich Bread
1/3 cup (80 ml) Parmesan cheese, grated
½ tablespoon (7.5 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
½ tablespoon (7.5 ml) fresh thyme, chopped
3 tablespoons (45 ml) extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
10 cremini or button mushrooms, stems removed
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Toast the bread slices until golden on both sides, about 15 minutes.
3. Place in a food processor along with cheese, parsley, thyme, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pulse until breadcrumbs are fine and mixture is combined. This can also be done by hand by placing toast in a food-grade plastic bag and crushing into crumbs with a rolling pin. Place breadcrumbs with the ingredients mentioned above in a bowl and stir to combine.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
5. Spoon the breadcrumb mixture into the caps of each mushroom. Place mushrooms on a baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
6. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden and the mushrooms are tender. Serve.