Revealed: 16 of The World’s Most Exclusive Bars
Fancy rubbing shoulders with famous faces? It might cost a hefty entrance fee! Recent research reveals the world’s most exclusive bars and members clubs, illustrating what it takes to paint the town red like the rich and famous of the world.
The ritzy social life of the global elite has long been kept under wraps. VegasSlots.co.uk have found 16 of the best private ‘watering holes’ where the entrance fee is both money and status.
If money can’t buy you happiness, what can it buy you? For many celebrities, politicians and other notable figures, evading the attention of the masses for a quiet drink comes at a cost.
VegasSlots.co.uk have researched into the most exclusive bars and members clubs all over the world to give you an idea of how the other half live. Here are some of the highlights to add to your rather expensive bucket list!
- 5 Hertford Street – London, UK – So secret that even the membership cost isn’t revealed to the applicant, this West London spot is frequented by the likes of Leonardo DiCaprio and George Clooney.
- Metropolitan Club – New York, USA – Opened by the famous banker JP Morgan, the membership costs a cool $5,000 per year. Adhering to the formal dress code would see you drinking with the likes of Sofia Coppola.
- Berghain/Panorama Bar – Berlin, Germany – Regardless of status, Berghain is infamous for its firm door policy. The no-nonsense German club has supposedly rejected Britney Spears and TV host Conan O’Brien.
- Mutis – Barcelona, Spain – This invitation-only bar has hosted Hollywood royalty such as Robert DeNiro. The attraction for the ‘Raging Bull’ star could well be Mutis’ status as the ‘best cocktail bar in Europe’ from Drinks international magazine.
- KEE Club – Hong Kong – Arguably the most elite spot in South-East Asia, KEE is a salon-style haunt for A-listers like Michael Jordan and Bill Clinton. A lifetime membership to the bar is priced at 50,000 HK$.
- Silencio – Paris, France – Glitz and glamour are quintessential features of the French capital’s nightlife, and Silencio sits at the pinnacle. Director David Lynch owns the bar styled on his 2001 film Mulholland Drive, and it’s a favourite of rapper Kanye West.
On top of high priced memberships, many of the bars require applications, secret passwords and extremely formal attire. To explore 10 more lavish locations from places like Singapore, Los Angeles and Buenos Aires then check out this infographic:
BONUS: Shmooze with Ottawa's elite at Métropolitain Brasserie, The Shore Club and Parliament Pub!