Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour is coming to Ottawa this weekend
Calling all hockey lovers. Ron MacLean and Tara Slone are rolling into town with the Sportsnet Mobile Studio — It's going to a weekend full of hockey fun!
Presented by Scotiabank and Hyundai, the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour is arriving in Ottawa on February 7, 2020. MacLean and Slone will be hosting the festivities, including live local entertainment, meet-and-greet opportunities with the Stanley Cup and NHL alumni Dan Boyle, Chris Philips and Denis Potvin — plus a live Sportsnet NHL Broadcast!
It is all part of a larger Rogers sponsorship integration with Winterlude. Together, Winterlude and Rogers will provide three full days of fun for the whole family, celebrating Canadian art, culture, diversity and, of course, winter sports!
The three-day hockey festival kicks off at the Marion Dewar Plaza (100 Laurier Avenue W., adjacent Ottawa City Hall) on Friday, February 7 at 7 p.m.
Best of all, The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour, features a whole bunch of free activities including games, prizes, and live entertainment perfect for the whole family. Here is what's you can look forward to this weekend:
- Rogers Fan Hub: Celebrate the game that brings us together with fun and interactive hockey experiences. Fill out your Fan Profile for a chance to win exclusive Rogers Moments, enjoy photo opportunities with the Stanley Cup, autograph signings with NHL alumni Dan Boyle and Chris Phillips, test your stickhandling with the Infinite Dangles challenge, and grab some free popcorn!
- Scotiabank Community Hockey Rink: A family-friendly outdoor hockey space designed to engage hockey fans who can interact with NHL alumni Denis Potvin, and celebrate the game. Scotiabank will be donating $15,000 to a local minor hockey associations in the surrounding area at each tour stop this season.
- Hyundai Drives Hockey: Hyundai displays on festival grounds will feature games and challenges for kids and parents alike. Opportunities to test-drive and interact with a range of Hyundai SUVs will demonstrate how Hyundai is made for those who drive hockey. Fans will have the chance to win on-site giveaways, weekend prizes as well as an overall grand prize for the season.
- Ottawa Senators Alumni Game: Ottawa Senators alumni take to the ice for an exhibition game on Saturday at 11 a.m. at the Rink of Dreams, on-site at the festival.
- Sportsnet Shooting Accuracy Game: Fans race against the clock to snipe as many targets as possible before time runs out! A digital scoreboard tracks the best scores from the day, and from the other Tour stops across the country. Players of all ages can show off their hockey skills and see how they match up to NHL stars and alumni with fantastic prizes to be won!
- Steve Goodtime Rockin’ Hockey Show: Come see Steve Goodtime, our world-renowned hockey acrobat! Steve performs his incredible family-friendly rock n’ roll hockey show packed with fire, juggling, stunts, and guitar solos. The event will be rocked!
- Dr. Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy a complimentary slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria pizza fresh out of the oven, and learn more about the Find Giuseppe contest with many great prizes to be won!
- Playmobil Kids Zone: Fans have the chance to face off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures. In the zone, fans will also be able to enter to win an NHL playset.
- Sobeys Community Barbeque: Sobeys is proud to support the Community Barbeque through a food donation. All funds raised this weekend will go towards supporting minor hockey in Ottawa.
- Live Local Entertainment: Live music featured throughout the weekend beginning with Silver Creek and Amanda Rheaume performing on Friday, followed by Highway Sunrise on Saturday, and Rainwater Whiskey on Sunday.
The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour weekend wraps up on Sunday evening following the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party. The evening’s broadcast will launch with a special pre-game show hosted by MacLean and Slone live from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio at 6:30 p.m. Followed by a showdown between the Chicago Blackhawks and Winnipeg Jets. The game will be available for live viewing on Sportsnet, Sportsnet NOW and NHL LIVE.
Through the events, Ted Rogers Community Grants will be awarded to local education programs to enable Canadian students to succeed inside and outside the classroom.
This February, celebrate Canada’s favourite winter sport in conjunction with Winterlude’s festivities in this family friendly weekend of fun!
PHOTOS: Courtesy of Rogers Sportsnet