Spinach and Turkey Sausage Breakfast Bites
Recipe courtesy of Udi’s Gluten Free.
Spinach, turkey breakfast sausage, and eggs are combined and nestled in whole-grain gluten-free bread cups then baked in muffin tins for a healthy breakfast bite. Serves 6.
1/3 pound (135 g) turkey breakfast sausage, casings removed
6 large eggs
1 cup (240 ml) shredded spinach
1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) salt
1/4 teaspoon (1.25) ground black pepper
6 slices Udi’s Ancient Grains Millet-Chia Bread
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage until cooked through and browned, about 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add sausage, spinach, salt, and black pepper; stir to combine.
4. Grease a 6-count muffin tin with cooking oil spray or softened butter.
5. With a knife, remove the crusts from the bread slices and roll thin with a rolling pin. Press slices into the muffin tins forming cups.
6. Divide the egg/sausage mixture evenly between the cups. Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through. Serve.