Sweet or Savory on Your New Weber Grill
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to win a brand-new grill from Weber. Submit a picture of your current beat-up grill by posting it in our Comments section or on the Ottawa Life Magazine Facebook page – or mention us on Twitter at @ottawalifers with the uploaded image before July 26.
The winner will be awarded the new Weber Spirit E-210. With additional features such as six tool hooks and two stainless-steel burners, the Spirit E-210 offers the ultimate grilling experience for burger enthusiasts and grilled veggie lovers alike. The porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates and warming rack provide additional space, ensuring something delicious for everyone to enjoy.
Why not throw something a little sweeter onto the grill to mix in with juicy steaks or savory kabobs? With Weber’s New Real Grilling: The ultimate cookbook for every backyard griller by Jamie Purviance, those with a sweet tooth are also encouraged to join in on the grilling experience.
Peach and Blue Cheese Bruschetta
Drizzled with Honey
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
GRILLING TIME: about 8 minutes
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
4 firm but ripe peaches, each cut in half
8 slices Italian or French bread, each about ½ inch thick
Extra-virgin olive oil
4 ounces crumbled blue cheese (1 cup)
3 tablespoons honey
1. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium-low heat (about 350°F).
2. Stir the cream cheese, sugar and thyme until blended. Set aside. Lightly brush the peach halves and the bread slices on both sides with oil.
3. Grill the peach halves over direct medium-low heat, with the lid closed, until lightly charred and beginning to soften, about 8 minutes, turning once. During the last minute of grilling time, toast the bread slices over direct heat, turning once or twice. Remove the peaches and the bread from the grill.
4. Spread each bread slice with an equal amount of the cream cheese mixture.
5. Cut the peach halves into ¼-inch slices. Divide the peach slices among the bread slices, overlapping them slightly. Top with the blue cheese and drizzle with the honey. Serve right away.
© 2013 Weber-Stephen Products LLC. Recipe from Weber’s New Real Grilling™ by Jamie Purviance. Used with permission.
For more information about Weber grills or recipes, visit www.weber.com