The Celebrity Look for Less: Kirsten Dunst
The month of May is all about slowly transitioning out of your winter wardrobe while embracing the trends for summer. Actress Kirsten Dunst attended the Spirit Awards wearing a casual chic ensemble appealing to her laidback demeanor.
Achieving this look is quite simple with only a few needed additions to update your current wardrobe.
Like most women in Ottawa, the always-appropriate black dress is a needed staple for every wardrobe regardless of the season. Investing in a little black dress (LBD) that is ready-to-wear or tailored for the perfect fit is the first steps to building a wardobe that will take you from season to season. The LBD is often the fallback when one can’t decide what to wear, but rather is should be seen as a wardrobe staple that can be worn throughout the year with differing accessories to maintain an updated look. Kirsten Dunst is a clear example of only updating your accessories for the season while relying on what you currently have in your closet.
How to achieve Kirsten Dunst’s look:
- The Little Back Dress (LBD) – Dunst is wearing a sweetheart strapless dress and can be achieved by pulling a form fitting LBD from your closet.
- The Structured White Blazer – Nothing says ‘Summer’ quite like a white blazer which is a work appropriate option and can be dressed down with jeans and a t-shirt for the weekend. A blazer can also double as a jacket in the warmer months and is complimentary to most outfits.
- Fancy Floral Footwear – Maintaining a casual yet polish looked is created with a wedge heel and floral detailing. The floral trend continues to remain popular on the Spring/Summer runways. The wedge heel is an effortless addition and a solid investment for walking in and around Ottawa.
- All About Hue – A bright pop of colour really pulls the entire look together. Dunst has chosen a canary yellow clutch that can be emulated at Winners for only $24.99.
Looking for an easy way to update your wardrobe right now? Just Add Colour! Accessories are a great way to change the look and feel of any outfit without a total overhaul.
- Pair colours that complement each other – try a bright pink handbag with purple shoes or an orange headband with blue sandals.
- Can’t commit to brights in your wardrobe? Add a pop of eye-catching colour with this season’s hottest shade of bright nail polish. The perfect accessory to finish your Spring look.
The style bible commands you to live a totally personalised life
Celebrate #PinotNoirDay in style
*Please take note that upon submitting your comment the team at OLM will need to verify it before it shows up below.