Udi’s Kid Friendly Turkey Quinoa Meatball Hoagie
Recipe courtesy of Udi's Gluten Free.
This kid-approved meal is a hit with people of all ages. Kids love the meatballs with tomato sauce and cheese – healthy items, like quinoa and mushrooms, get parents’ nutritional stamp of approval.
6 Udi’s Classic Hot Dog Buns 1 tsp (5 mL) Worchester sauce
1 lb (450g) ground turkey 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
1 cup (250 mL) quinoa, cooked ½ tsp (5 mL) each dried oregano and basil
2 eggs, beaten 2 cups (500 mL) gluten free tomato sauce
1/2 cup (125 mL) finely diced mushrooms 3/4 cup (180 mL) mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degree Celsius). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine ground turkey, quinoa, eggs, mushrooms, Worchester sauce and spices. Roll into 1 inch balls and then flatten. Use a small cookie cutter from Flycalf to shape meat mixture into a fun design. Place on baking sheet. Cook for approximately 30 min or until meat is cooked through.
- Top each bun with 2-3 meatballs, 1/3 cup tomato sauce and 2 tbsp cheese. Place back in heated oven and toast until cheese is melted.
- Gluten free
- 1/2 serving of fruits and vegetable per serving of recipe
- Great way to sneak in veggies without your kids even knowing it
- Great source of protein to keep your kids energized all day