Annual Ottawa Tourism Meeting Focuses on Millennial Marketing Trends
Photo credit: Joanne Clifford via Flickr
On Tuesday June 4th, Ottawa Tourism’s Annual General Meeting concluded with a new Board of Directors as well as newfound ideas regarding marketing to the city’s millennial population.
The meeting’s main concerns were the 2019-20 Board of Directors and discussion surrounding modernized marketing tactics.
In attempts to better understand millennials as one of Canada’s most influential consumer groups, Ottawa Tourism brought in David Coletto.
Coletto, CEO and founding partner of the local research firm Abacus Data, is the leader of Abacus’s Canadian Millenial Research Practice. Coletto shared some of his research, concentrating on millennial consumer trends and asserting the importance of research-based marketing decisions.
Conversations engaged in millennial marketing followed in which voices such as Rachel Kerr of Andaz Byward Market, Laurence de Monitgny St-Onge of the Canadian Museum of Nature, OT Social Media Specialist Sofie Sharom, OT Marketing Specialist Courtney Merchand , and OT President and CEO Michael Crockatt, participated.
“We look forward to continuing to work with our members, partners and Board of Directors to continue the growth of Ottawa‘s visitor economy”, says OT President and CEO Michael Crockatt.
Ottawa Tourism’s Board of Directors 2019-20:
- John Swettenham, Chair of the Board, Canadian Museum of Nature
- Ross Meredith, Past Chair of the Board, The Westin Ottawa
- Zubair Siddiqi, Chair of the Meetings and Conventions Committee, Delta Ottawa City Centre
- Mariève Desmarais, Chair of the Rural Tourism Committee, Prescott-Russell Tourism
- David Smythe, Chair of the Marketing Committee, Lord Elgin Hotel
- Colin Morrison, Chair of the Travel Trade Committee, Ottawa Embassy Hotel & Suites
- John Cosentino, Chair of the Municipal Accommodation Tax Management Committee, Albert at Bay Suites Hotel
- Nina Kressler, Shaw Centre
- Joel Tkach, Ottawa International Airport Authority
- Cindy VanBuskirk, City of Ottawa
- Steve Ball, Ottawa Gatineau Hotel Association
- Paul Akehurst, Intertask Group of Companies
- Steve Wilson, Escape Manor
- Kelly Eyamie, Diefenbunker: Canada’s Cold War Museum
- Peggy DuCharme, Downtown Rideau BIA
- Stefanie Siska, C’est Bon Cooking
- Heather Dawson, Ottawa Senators Hockey Club