Are you looking for a tasty dish to cook?
Are you a vegetarian? Are you trying to cut down on meat a little bit? If this is the case, I have the perfect recipe for you.
It is always a good idea to vary the ingredients we use to cook and try to eat different types of food so that we balance our diet.
Nobody can deny that dishes such as vegan meatloaf, stuffed eggplant parm or gnocchi with a creamy sauce are delicious options. But today, you are going to learn how to make a vegan fried rice recipe that is going to make your mouth melt!
First things first
What does this dish have that makes it so special? Well, what doesn’t it have? As it is fried, it is very tasty, but this doesn’t mean that it isn’t healthy. With rice as the main ingredient, this dish is a great source of carbohydrates.
What’s more, it also has different sorts of vegetables that are going to make the recipe really colorful and good for your health.
Apart from that, although the vegetables need to be sauté, you can always use olive oil which is a very healthy ingredient.
So, it seems that there are no excuses!
Let’s get to the kitchen
As I said before, this dish has everything: it is tasty, healthy and super easy to make! Made out of very common staples, this recipe is going to make you look like a professional chef in front of all your family and friends!
What you are going to need
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 1 cup of Jasmine white rice.
- 3 tablespoons of tofu.
- ½ cup of peas.
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- 1 teaspoon of ginger.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 2 small carrots.
- 2 peppers.
- ½ green cabbage.
- 2 green onions.
- 1 small onion.
- A pinch of salt.
What you are going to do
- To begin with, I suggest chopping all the vegetables in order to save some time before starting to cook. This step is going to make the recipe even easier!
- The next step is to cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Then, take a large non-stick pan and add the olive oil to it. Sauté all the vegetables for about 5 minutes.
- After that, add the tofu, the cooked rice and the soy sauce, the ginger and the garlic.
- Finally, add the salt to season the dish. And that’s it! Enjoy.
- You should use baked or extra firm tofu, since it has less moisture and it is going to help the dish have a better texture.
- Always remember to use cooked rice for this recipe. Don’t mix the veggies with uncooked rice! The result is not going to be the same.
- This dish can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days and in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- If, by chance, you have a wok at hand, it is a great opportunity to put it into use!
If you are a vegetarian and you felt you were running out of ideas when cooking time arrived, no worries! With this vegan fried rice recipe you are going to pamper your beloved ones –and, why not, yourself– and the only things you are going to need are these simple ingredients, a pan and 20 spare minutes of your life! Doesn’t it sound easy? Well, it doesn’t just sound practical, it really is.
And the good thing about this dish, and any other vegan recipe, is that you don’t need to be a vegetarian to have it! No matter if you are a meat lover or not, you are going to relish this recipe so much that you are not going to be able to stop preparing it.
You can even serve it as a side dish with your favorite main course! It is so versatile and it definitely has no downsides.
It has been demonstrated that this is a healthy and easy-to-make dish. So, go and check your cupboard to see if you have all the necessary stuff and start chopping the vegetables.
There’s a delicious and simple recipe that is waiting for you. Why don’t you try it out yourself? You won’t regret it! Are you ready?
Photo Credit: Unsplash