Healthy vitamins in winter
If the world seems grey to you, and everything around you makes no sense – do not rush to see a psychologist. It is quite possible that you simply do not have enough vitamins. In the fall and winter, it is a common occurrence.
In addition, at this time of year, people often feel tired, lethargic, irritable and sleepy. Even playing Indian online casinos can't cheer you up. It is also a consequence of vitamin deficiency in the body. In this article, we will tell you whether to be afraid of avitaminosis and how to restore the balance of vitamins in the body.
What vitamins are most often lacking
Usually, in the fall and winter, the body feels a lack of vitamins A, D, E, C, PP and B group.
There are special comprehensive blood tests to check how well the balance of vitamins in the body works. Even if they show some abnormalities, you should not worry too much. On the Internet, bloggers are often scared by the scary word "avitaminosis," listing the symptoms and consequences and suggesting drinking vitamin capsules, which are not needed.
But few of these bloggers talk about such a concept as "hypovitaminosis" (partial insufficiency of any vitamin). It can happen in the fall and winter, and that's okay – it's easy to recover if you eat healthy foods.
That same avitaminosis can occur only if you do not eat anything at all. But you can not miss it: avitaminosis quickly develops serious diseases such as anaemia or funicular myelosis. Here, a bad mood and a slight malaise are not enough.
What vitamins are there, and in what foods
There are several groups of vitamins. But, as a rule, we miss all of them in the fall and winter. So let's briefly consider what they influence and what foods to find.
- What it's responsible for: the health of the eyes, the synthesis of proteins, and immunity.
- What foods are found in caviar, carrots, green vegetables, and egg yolk.
- What is it responsible for: blood clotting, thyroid function, regulation of blood pressure.
- What foods does it come in: mackerel, fish oil, egg yolk, tuna, salmon, herring.
- What it's responsible for: blood clotting and the elasticity of blood vessels.
- What foods it is found in nuts, olives, apricots, and salmon.
- What it's responsible for: immunity, synthesis of hormones and proteins, regulation of bleeding processes.
- What foods it is found in: citrus fruits, berries, rose hips, sweet peppers, fresh vegetables.
- What it's responsible for: Protein production, repairing muscles, regulating digestion.
- What foods it is found in: liver, red meat, nuts, cheese, buckwheat, and legumes.
- What is responsible for: for the work of antioxidant systems and hormonal metabolism of the thyroid gland.
- What foods are found: eggs, liver, nuts, corn, legumes, and green vegetables.
- What is it responsible for: haemoglobin, energy in the body.
- In what foods is it found: nuts, red meat, liver.
- What it's responsible for: energy production and metabolism of iron.
- In what foods is it found: liver, nuts, beans, rice, buckwheat, oats.
- What it's responsible for: the health and development of the brain, the contraction of blood vessels.
- What foods it is found in: cod liver, avocados, nuts, flaxseeds, olives.
There are also several B vitamins.
- What are they responsible for: production of red blood cells and antibodies, the state of the nervous and muscular tissue, maintaining hormonal balance, improve skin and hair.
- What foods it is found in: rye bread, nuts, legumes, pork, chicken, salmon, eggs, yeast, milk, carrots.
Delicious recipes for vitamin drinks
A blend of cucumber, coconut water, parsley, orange, lemon, avocado and spinach contains a whole host of healthy vitamins! Thumbs up: it has vitamins A, C, E, K and B6. Blend all the ingredients in a blender into a smoothie and enjoy this healthy and delicious drink. You'll be surprised at how quickly your smoothie will be ready and how quietly it cooks.
Apple and banana milkshake
An apple and a kiwi are rich in vitamin C, and a banana has a lot of potassium, which is good for the body. Cut these fruits into pieces, add 1 tsp of sugar and whip in a blender. Your smoothie is ready.
Vitamin tea with sea buckthorn
This drink is rich in vitamins A, C, B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, and E, but it also has anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, tea with sea buckthorn will help to cope with stress no worse than chamomile and mint!
Mashed it up some sea buckthorn and put it into a teapot. Add their whole sea buckthorn berries and black tea. Pour boiling water and let it brew for about 7 minutes. Then you can add a little honey and enjoy. Honey is also a treasure trove of vitamins: B, PP, C, H, E, and K.
Many will wrinkle their noses at this point and flatly refuse to drink such a drink. And in vain! After all, tomato juice contains vitamins B, C, PP and E. Yes, and it's straightforward to prepare:
- Cut the tomatoes into pieces and pass them through a juicer.
- Put the resulting juice in a pot, add salt and sugar, and boil.
- Let the drink stand on the heat for about 5 minutes.
Tea with rose hips and ginger
For many, this drink can evoke nostalgia for childhood because we often used to brew tea with rose hips at school and home. But then we needed to find out how useful it is. Rosehips contain vitamins C, B1, B2, E and K, while ginger, which goes well with it, contains vitamins C, B1 and B2. You can also add raspberries and lemon, which are also full of vitamins – B1, B2, B5, B9, B6, A, C and P.
This drink is also beneficial for strengthening the immune system. And if you still have a cold (because you did not drink such a tea), it is time to brew it: it calms the cough. Cut ginger and lemon into slices, put them in a teapot or thermos, add dried raspberries, and pour boiling water from the electric kettle. Leave it to brew for 2-3 hours. By the way, if you brew this kind of tea in a kettle, ensure that it retains heat throughout the time (you can wrap a towel or foil).
Healing drink with turmeric
Turmeric contains vitamins C, K and B and has anti-inflammatory properties. Pour turmeric over boiling water in a teapot and let it sit for about five minutes. After that, you can add honey and lime juice and mix it all up. To enhance the effect, add ginger as well.